This column was originally published in the print edition of Florists’ Review Magazine 2018 February Issue. Subscribe & Save 67%
Although written for florists, the message is universal.
Empower yourself by exploring both your masculine and feminine sides!
Balance of Power
Glorious Living with Macarena Luz Bianchi
We all have a masculine and feminine side. Developing our less-utilized-side can create expansion (wonder), compassion (wellness) and deeper understanding (wisdom) with ourselves and others.
Every task can be done with a forward focused and analytical approach (masculine) as well as in a more creative and receptive manner (feminine). Please excuse the oversimplification of an infinite spectrum (which is unique to every individual) for the sake of points from which to discuss.
Exploring what the ends of the spectrum can look like for you is empowering.
Feminine vs Masculine
• For self-empowerment: feminine wonder can be meditation, while masculine wonder can be affirmations.
• In fitness: feminine wellness is grappling and wrestling, while masculine wellness is kung-fu and kickboxing.
• For mentorship: feminine wisdom could be active listening, while masculine wisdom could a strict to-do list.
What activities or sensibilities lie at the ends of your wonder, wellness and wisdom spectrum of power? How can they be useful in your life?
Your Predominant Groove
Identify your predominant groove in order to balance and expand it. It only takes a little self-awareness and examination.
1. Explore what you do. Start with your most common tasks at work.
2. Identify if each is predominantly using your masculine or feminine side.
3. Consider how you can approach each one from the other end of the spectrum.
4. Play around and try some out.
It is not what you do, but how you do it.
Balance of power is beautifully illustrated with the yin and yang symbol. Yin is feminine and white while yang is masculine and black. Each half has a piece of the other within it symbolizing perfectly integrated balance, which is available to you.
How in-touch are you with each of your sides?
Let me know on the Florists’ Review Facebook page and use @macarenaluzb.p to tag me. I’d love to hear from you!
Connect with me at macarenaluzbianchi.com
, where you can join my Wonder, Wellness & Wisdom Weekly Whims
newsletter and contact me, any time.
Macarena Luz Bianchi is a flower lover, personal development coach, speaker and author of lighthearted empowering handbooks who loves tea and travel. You can sign up for her Weekly Whims newsletter at MacarenaLuzBianchi.com.