I’m a big fan of the good work that non-profits do for our communities and planet.
I’ve worked in Community Outreach where I had to identify local grassroots organizations to support. It was very rewarding work!
Empowering Poverty Alleviation
- Micro-Lending lends money to poor entrepreneurs to help them build a sustainable business like the Whole Planet Foundation who predominantly lend to women because stats show they use the money to feed and educate their families.
- Heifer donates animals so families can create a sustainable source of income.
- Miami: Joshua’s Heart Foundation is on a mission to stomp out hunger locally and abroad through youth activism.
Arts & Wellbeing
- National Endowment for the Arts
- How to support the arts
- National & International
- Miami: Everglades Outpost animal sanctuary for wild animals.
Ps. In my Make A Difference post we explored why and how to be a philanthropist, and how to judge non-profits.
What are some of your favorite charities?